Import and/or Export Controls Training
TRAIN Employee for import and/or export compliance function
Contact us to discuss and to schedule “gotomeeting” content demo. Fill internally!
336 E Cedar St
Mooresville, NC 28115
We can assist your meeting following:
Manual recommendations for compliance IMPORT/EXPORT
- Dedicated customs group or leader with knowledge. This will help define corporate compliance, provide oversight to operations related to compliance, and provide coordination with different departments—including warehousing, purchasing, and logistics—involved in compliance.
- Executive involvement. Recommended BIS ( & CBP) compliance recommends executive involvement to make compliance work.
- Written Manual. Again a BIS (CBP) recommended point.
- Internal control reviews. BIS point in recommended compliance program. Without reviews it is hard to detect where to make improvements/adjustments/accountability.
- Training programs. BIS point. Having ongoing training indicates seriousness of compliance.
- Convey compliance requirements to/for suppliers. Communication with suppliers can reduce risks and increase compliance.
- Record-keeping program. BIS point. Mandatory by CBP. Necessary for internal audit and regulatory audit.
- C-TPAT-CBP. Involvement with the program and maintaining information lines with agencies assist in compliance.
- Risk Assessment. BIS point – ID vulnerabilities and provide resources to address.
- Whether the company has performed a meaningful risk analysis.
- The existence of a formal written compliance program.
- Whether appropriate senior organizational officials are responsible for overseeing the import compliance program.
- Whether adequate training is provided to employees.
- Whether the company adequately screens its customers and transactions.
- Whether the company meets recordkeeping requirements.
- The existence and operation of an internal system for reporting import violations.
- The existence and result of internal/external reviews or audits.
- Whether remedial activity has been taken in response to import violations.